A dermatologist is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of skin diseases. A dermatologist may also provide treatments for other conditions that affect the skin, such as psoriasis, eczema and acne.
There are many different types of dermatologists in Melbourne, but they all share some common traits. A dermatologist typically has a degree in medicine and a specialty in dermatology. They also have extensive experience working with patients who have skin problems.
Image Source: Google
Dermatologists are usually divided into two categories: generalists and specialists. Generalists are trained to treat a variety of skin conditions, while specialists are trained to treat specific types of skin conditions.
Dermatologists come in all shapes and sizes, with different backgrounds and specialties. Here are few types of dermatologists you may encounter:
1. General dermatologists who work with all types of skin problems, from the mild to the severe.
2. Family physicians who often see patients for skin complaints like psoriasis or eczema, but they might also refer patients to a specialist if the condition is more severe or if there are other health concerns involved.
3. Specialty dermatologists treat conditions such as acne, rosacea, vitiligo, and melanoma.
4. Renowned cosmetic dermatologists use various techniques to improve the appearance of skin lesions, including surgery and laser therapy.
5. Transplant specialists also known as organ transplant coordinators or hepatic toxicologists work with patients who have undergone liver transplants and need to monitor their skin for signs of cancer or other complications.