Selecting to consume organic food is the best choice as it keeps you free from chemicals, sprays, pesticides, and herbicides. It is filled with nutrition and is a perfect choice for health, the environment, and the upcoming generations. Here are essential reasons why you should switch to organic food.
- Good for the environment: Organic farming conserves water, reduces pollution, improves soil fertility, uses less energy, and minimizes soil erosion. It is good for nearby animals and birds as well as for people who live near farms.
- Avoids chemicals: Most people select to purchase organic food to avoid pesticides and chemicals used to grow food.
- Tastes better: The taste of organic food is better as compared to conventionally grown food. Generally, it is sold locally which means it has not been frozen, transported, or shipped across long distances.
- Contains nutrients: Organic food has more antioxidants, enzymes, vitamins, micronutrients, and minerals as compared to conventional food. Also, it has a high vitamin C level and high mineral content such as magnesium, iron, and phosphorus.
- Preserves ecosystem: Organic farms are non-toxic and safe for birds, butterflies, wildlife, and bees. Pesticides are specially designed to kill pests and insects. Food crops generally depend upon the pollinators such as bees, and without them, you cannot get food items such as strawberries, potatoes, or tomatoes. Insects are an essential part of the global food system and balanced ecosystem.
Purchasing organic food from your local shop also helps farmers stay in their business and support the economy. You can also get organic meat in Brisbane if you love to eat that food type.