There are a lot of important things to check before you start repairing your tub. This article reviews the 10 most important things to consider before you begin, and provides tips for avoiding making common mistakes that can easily turn a simple repair job into a far messier one.
How to Repair Tubs with a Tub Repair Kit
If you have a tub that is not draining properly, you may need to repair it. Here are some tips for repairing tubs with a bathtub repair kit.
Image Source: Google
1. Remove the drain plug.
2. Clear any debris from the area surrounding the tub and drain hole.
3. Insert the tub repair kit into the drain hole and twist until it is tight. Make sure the seal around the top of the kit is intact.
4. Turn on the water to full pressure and wait until the tub starts to fill up. Once it has filled up, turn off the water and remove the kit.
5. Make sure that you have the right tub repair kit.
6. Clean the area around the leak.
7. Remove any objects that may be blocking the drain or causing the leak.
8. Open and unplug any electrical wiring in the area.
9. Shut off the water supply to the bathtub and wait until it has been evacuated by a professional plumber.
10. Use a plunger to clear any debris from around the drain and plumbing system.
You'll need to follow the instructions that come with the kit closely to avoid any further damage. If everything goes according to plan, then you'll be able to fix your tub and stop the leak without having to replace it completely.